Friday, September 28, 2012

Literary blog #3

"Those angry voices drew me, and as I went toward them I felt my old friend hatred building in my head, irrational, urging me to slay somebody.  Anybody." (Patterson, 45)

      I chose this quote because I really liked the way the author wrote in the point of view of the antagonist.  I like this because you can see what he/she thinks.  I also chose this quote because  it explains how the antagonist is not right in the head, by saying that he hears angry voices. That could also be that the author is using it as a way of explaining how the antagonist feels.  This quote is important to the plot of the story because it helps explain whats going on in the antagonists head.  That there is some whack reason for him to destroy the modern Olympic games.  It lets us into the head of the antagonist Cronus.  The author uses synaesthesia in this quote when he wrote about the voices being angry and him feeling hatred.  He uses auditory when he wrote that he hears angry voices.  What drew me to the quote doesn't really have an answer because I just read some lines and chose the one that was more different, and unique. As for what drew me to this quote is that this quote is one that had some difference than others are most likely to be.

2 comments:

  1. The book seems really interesting. Why did you choose to read this book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I chose to read it because I have read other James Patterson books and I really enjoyed them. Also, because my sister had read it and said it was really good.

    ReplyDelete